Looking For Caches Around Mt Bachelor

HillQuest

I'm headed to Mt Bachelor for a weekend of skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing with my family and a some friends. I'm looking for some caches to do in the city of Bend as well as near the Mt Bachelor ski resort. I would very much appreciate any recommended waypoints and/or cache names.

Depending on where your staying - Sunriver or Bend, will make a difference of course but I would say to start with this one and spread out from there.

Mt. Bachlor (winter)

I just checked the Camera for Mt. B and it says there is 167 inches still so unless you wanna dig through 13 feet of snow, I would look for the caches closer to Bend instead.

Caches to look for that should keep you entertained in Bend are:

Control Point by sskamp (GCCDAC) - compare your numbers to the rest of the gang.

Lunch with a lone juniper by GeoKnievel & Redhawk (GCNQDE) - Tricky hide but not hard to find.

L.S.U.-Cheap Seats by legoboyjj (GCNW5H) - ANother tricky hide but still fun to do.

Quad Dam It Run Around by Logscaler and Red (GC46E9) - Only if you wanna drive around and see parts of Bend.

Cruise by the Creek 2 by bigeddy (GC63F7) - Just one of many very well placed caches in Shevlin Park. Pack a lunch for all day.

Osage by GeoKnievel & Redhawk (GCN103) - A nice hike in the forest to the Lava Flows.

I.H.S. # 4 - Boring Shoals by logscaler & Red (GCNKBZ) - Only if you want a challange.

Lava Free Island by Team Stolasz (GC47D0) - One of the better hikes in the lava fields but be ready for some real rough going. Take leather boots, leather gloves and First Aid supplies.

You could use L.S.U. - Cheap Seats as a center for caches in the Bend area.

If your in town Saturday April 1st, 2006, your more then welcome to come to the event cache we are having.

Sylvester's Fool-a-Palooza by Shotgun & Peashooter (GCTJFT)

Luck.

Logscaler.

Depending on where your staying - Sunriver or Bend, will make a difference of course but I would say to start with this one and spread out from there.

Mt. Bachlor (winter)

I just checked the Camera for Mt. B and it says there is 167 inches still so unless you wanna dig through 13 feet of snow, I would look for the caches closer to Bend instead.

Caches to look for that should keep you entertained in Bend are:

Control Point by sskamp (GCCDAC) - compare your numbers to the rest of the gang.

Lunch with a lone juniper by GeoKnievel & Redhawk (GCNQDE) - Tricky hide but not hard to find.

L.S.U.-Cheap Seats by legoboyjj (GCNW5H) - ANother tricky hide but still fun to do.

Quad Dam It Run Around by Logscaler and Red (GC46E9) - Only if you wanna drive around and see parts of Bend.

Cruise by the Creek 2 by bigeddy (GC63F7) - Just one of many very well placed caches in Shevlin Park. Pack a lunch for all day.

Osage by GeoKnievel & Redhawk (GCN103) - A nice hike in the forest to the Lava Flows.

I.H.S. # 4 - Boring Shoals by logscaler & Red (GCNKBZ) - Only if you want a challange.

Lava Free Island by Team Stolasz (GC47D0) - One of the better hikes in the lava fields but be ready for some real rough going. Take leather boots, leather gloves and First Aid supplies.

You could use L.S.U. - Cheap Seats as a center for caches in the Bend area.

If your in town Saturday April 1st, 2006, your more then welcome to come to the event cache we are having.

Sylvester's Fool-a-Palooza by Shotgun & Peashooter (GCTJFT)

Luck.

Logscaler.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll try and make it to your event on Saturday.

-HillQuest