Would This Be Considered A Find?

Astro_D

Went out again yesterday (ahh, the joys of not participating in the contest ;) ). We came across this BM: PM0077.

The description refers to the original 1953 station. However at the location, what we found was a 1985 reset station. Consulting the NGS datasheet for this PID, we could find no mention of a reset. The last recovery of the original BM was 1972. In 2004, The Power Squadron mentions recovering the 1985 reset.

We were also able to recover the two 1953 reference marks and 1953 azimuth mark in good condition as described.

So should this 1985 reset station be logged as the BM?

Thanks for putting up with all these questions. I just don't want to improperly log a BM even if it is only on GC.com.

Katrina

Boy, I hate being stupid!!

After further digging into our records, the reset BM is listed under PID: DF6339 and not recordable on GC.com.

So I'm guessing PM0077 (1953 BM) on GC.com should be marked by us as 'not found' adding that it's probably destroyed. As well as make mention the new PID number for the reset?

Thoughts?