Sarasota County Fl Approvals

Bob and Kath

We posted this on the Florida website but don't know how much that gets used. So thought we'd try it here, too.

We are recent transplants to Florida and love to cache. We're having a very difficult time finding anything but strip malls to hide anything in since the Sarasota parks involve such an involved process of approval. Just found an area today and learned that it's an "aesthetic undeveloped area" for the county even though it's not signed as such.

We've tried to get caches approved--hopefully one will be happening soon after a month. In the meantime, the Geocache approver suggested that holding a CITO event could convince the county that caching can be a good thing. He said that it worked in Pinellas Co.

We live in Venice and haven't seen a lot of cachers from this area. Are there others of you out there who would support and work on a CITO event? If so, please contact us at kathleenglenney@comcast.net. If this could make a huge difference, we would organize it. We have great parks!

Bob and Kath

Although I do not know of any cachers that live in the city of Venice you have an awesome group of cachers in the immediate area, you should try contacting Doc Dean, Leigh Mafia, GoofyButterfly or Team Oohrah. All are active cachers in that area. I travel to Venice several times a year and would be happy to help you out. I live in South Florida so whatever I could do from here I would.

Did you say you posted this on the FGA forums? You might also want to try the NEFGA forums as many Florida cachers frequent both sites. Many will tell you to go ahead and post the CITO event and others will show up....and they will. Good Luck!

Nickie