Explorist 200

Any Magellan experts out there?

My explorist has this message on screen : UNIT CURRENTLY CONTAINS NO MAP! INITIATING MAP UPLOAD.

I don't know exactly what happened to it but, I don't think I did anything wrong. While caching I put it in my pocket then when I pulled it out it had a message about "burn-in test" or something like that. I left it alone(since I have a sportrak pro also) and looked at it later only to see the above message. Now it won't do anything but display that message.

I have put in a request for support on Magellans website(March 12) with no answer yet. I thought they would respond quicker than this but no...so I'm asking here.

ANY help is welcomed. Thanks.

I am coming around to a conclusion that others seem to have already reached: there's something dicey in the explorists that tend to make them at higher risk than usual for geting the basemap hosed. Although it won't hurt to try a hard reset (from the power-off position GOTO + OUT + POWER), I'm not too optimistic that it will start running again.

If you had something with an SD card, it's not too hard to get a new basemap back in it yourself. But I think you'll need to send it back to Magellan to fix this up. You may get a quicker response phoning, but be prepared to be on hold for a while.