Off Track Alarm Beep, And Proximity Alarm Beep

I am trying to find a GPS that will beep to me if I go off track (maybe 20 meters/ yards off), or if I am within a ceratin proximity of a geocache (within 50 or 100 feet) .

Will the Etrex Legend Color or other Etrex units do this?

It would be very cool to by traveling cross country with this in the top of your backpack, or in a convenient pocket, then it starts beeping effectively saying "you have strayed from a straight line track" via a beep. Or it could be saying that you are "witin 50 feet" with a double beep.

all without taking the GPS out of your protected pocket.

I asked this in a number of different ways. I am looking for alarms when I am near a POI (aka Point Of Interest) and I am looking to create my own.

Also looking to set some kind of "off track" warning when I am hiking.

Sorry if I am repeating myself, but I do not have a good undderstanding of "alarmed" POIs yet.

I have a 76CSx. When it is in Geocache mode an alarm goes off when I am near a cache. I can also manually set a proximity alarm around any waypoint I want. It will set off an alarm when I get within a distance I set around a waypoint. This is my first GPSr and I just got it but I am pretty sure there is no way to set an alarm is you go off track. It would sure be a nice feature, especially for river navigation.

Guess I need to look in the Garmin manual under GEOCACHE section for my Etrex Legend C. Thanks for the note!!

I have a 76CSx. When it is in Geocache mode an alarm goes off when I am near a cache. I can also manually set a proximity alarm around any waypoint I want. It will set off an alarm when I get within a distance I set around a waypoint. This is my first GPSr and I just got it but I am pretty sure there is no way to set an alarm is you go off track. It would sure be a nice feature, especially for river navigation.

Looks like the paid PathAway software does this for the Ique 3600. For $60 that is not bad. Then Path Away can use any map software that I have to use as a calibrated basemap.

Then I use Garmin Mapsource software for auto routing.

Or I can use the free BIRD FINDER software to do the same as PathAway but no maps.

The Etrex Legend color has proximity alarms. It can do autorouting too (for $150 extra), but I would rather spend another $100 and get my Ique 3600.