Cable For Lowrance Ifinder Hunt

I'm needing a cable to connect my GPS to my laptop. I've looked on eBay and no luck. I've only found like 2 places to buy them and they run around $45 shipped to my door. Does anyone know someone who makes them or a cheaper place to get them?

The other problem is that the ones you can buy off the 2 sites are serial cables and I'd rather have a USB cable for sure!

Can someone help????

I'm needing a cable to connect my GPS to my laptop. I've looked on eBay and no luck. I've only found like 2 places to buy them and they run around $45 shipped to my door. Does anyone know someone who makes them or a cheaper place to get them?

The other problem is that the ones you can buy off the 2 sites are serial cables and I'd rather have a USB cable for sure!

Can someone help????

If GPS is serial (cable) driven and your computer only has USB, then you need to get Serial/USB adapter to connect GPS units serial cable to computers USB port.... Prices start about $20 for USB/Serial adapter cable.

However you will still need a serial cable for GPS.

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn

The LEI Extras store is one of the places I looked and I think it was going to be like $47 shipped. I found it at another online store for a little cheaper, but of course I have a $10 coupon for eBay and money in my PayPal account that I would like to use to pay for it if I could.

Maybe I could just use the eBay coupon on a USB/serial adapter!

I have an ifinder H2O and I was looking through ebay and this guy had a usb cord, with a builtin serial converter, to my ifinder... i think it was compatible to yours. I am not endorsing this guy, and I don't know how well it works but it is an interesting page to read atleast

if you get one let me know how it works out

ebay link for usb lowrance

most of the info is near the bottom

... a usb cord, with a builtin serial converter, to my ifinder...

ebay link for usb lowrance

Whoa, seriously cool. THAT'S the sort of accesory Garmin, Magellan, and Lowrance should ALL offer for users of their legacy RS-232 equipment in a world rapidly moving to USB.

No, wait... what they should be offering is trade-ins for USB equipped GPSRs that can communicate NMEA data over USB and also act as mass storage deviceds for map and waypoint data files. Though I'm a Lowrance user, I'd say only Magellan is doing USB "right" at this time.