How Do I Classify My New Cache.

am working on a new cache, and am not sure how it will be classified.

this is how it will work.

step one will take caches to a sign, of area interest in my town. they will get numbers off of the sign. and write them down.

next step will take them to another part of town to get more numbers.

once they get the numbers they fill in the coordinates for where the cache is at about 2 miles away at a nice park.

is that ok to do as well. and how would it be classified.

thanks...

PS. the areas where the numbers are gotten are not areas where a micro would be very appropriate. ie city hall building or court house. (those just examples but close to the truth.)

multi

A mystery (or puzzle) cache has some element that requires something other than going someplace and gathering information.

Simple math elements like "take the speed limit X 3 to get the second coord" where the complete solution method is described in detail on the cache page really isn't a puzzle.

I think method is the key. If you are going to give step-by-step methods for solution it is most properly a multi.

Edited by Confucius' Cat

I agree with the others, and verified in the guidelines. Sounds like an offset/multi:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#offset

"Offset caches are a variation on multi-caches. They are listed as a multi-cache when selecting a cache type. They are not found by simply going to some coordinates and finding a cache there. With the offset cache the published coordinates could be of an existing historical monument, plaque, or even a benchmark that you would like to have your cache hunter visit. At this spot, the hunter looks for numbers or information already appearing on the marker or on some part of the marker or site (geocachers NEVER deface public or private property). The geocacher is then able to manipulate these numbers using instructions posted on the cache page to continue the hunt."

Sounds fun!