Storing Fugawi Maps On Sd Card On Palm

I have Fugawi happily running on my Palm Tungsten E2 and would love to store the maps on the SD card in the Palm rather than the Palm's internal memory.

Does anyone know how to do this as I cannot find any information anywhere.

If I install Fugawi directly to the SD card it runs fine, but when I try and export any maps from the PC to it, the Hotsync obviously does not find Fugawi in the Palm main memory (it's not there - it' on the SD card) so refuses to send the map to the Palm.

Help!

I have Fugawi installed on my Palm 505. I haven't found a way to load directly to the card so I upload the map to the palm first and then move it across to the card.

When you open the map list in Fugawi there is a button at the bottom marked "Move". That moves it across to external memory card.

Fugawi only takes up 121k on my palm so it doesn't take up much memory.

There maybe an easier way, but that is how I do it.

Thanks Spannerman - I knew there would be something I'd missed.

I've just done a quick test and it works well apart from when I've grabbed a map from the whole screen in 25% mode in Fugawi. I get an "(Unable to copy DataBase Huge Map Test, error = 513)" - I wonder if this is just a memory error as the map is pretty big.

Edited by The Bolas Heathens

Not sure what's happening there. I regularly export large maps having Fugawi set to 10% and haven't come across that.

I've just checked the size of some of my older uploads and the largest is just over 4mb.

Edit. Just realised I only ever export the small map and the other two boxes unchecked.

Edited by spannerman

Ok - I'll delve into the error message a bit more then as you have confirmed that it's possible to do this. Many thanks for your help :laughing:

Not sure what's happening there. I regularly export large maps having Fugawi set to 10% and haven't come across that.

I've just checked the size of some of my older uploads and the largest is just over 4mb.

I've got a Palm 515 and have also used the move map feature to copy maps from the palm to the SD card. This takes ages but once you have done it you can move those maps from the SD card back to the PC using a card reader and from then on you can move from PC direct to card without using the palm - much quicker. Cards read from the SD card take much longer to update than those held in the palm memory and my Palm sometimes crashes when moving between two (i think possibly due to palm internal memory overflow)

The only problem I have is the annoying size limitations which mean you have to tile the maps to cover larger areas, Now if anyone has come up with a way of automating this to generate a set of tiles for a larger area I'd love to know.

In my experiecne, Fugawi complains if you select an area that overlaps with another area you have in the library and so exceeds the limit. You need to go into the map management area (which is hidden somewhere or other) and delete the overlapping map from your hard disk before you can export the section you want.