Local Cachers Get Interviewed

Crusso

Nice Story - but:

xxx of Mahopac enjoys the hobby with his daughters, who are 8 and 5.

The children love to swap treasure, and xxx thinks it's a great way to rid his home of an oversupply of toys from McDonald's.

made me shiver (as I really don't like placing or seeing MD toys in caches....)

I personally don't like McD toys in a cache for me to trade, but when I first got involved in geocaching and my daughters were with me, they didn't mind it. There are lots of different folks that participate and as long as they are enjoying themselves, and trading even or trading up, who are we to complain.

I personally don't like McD toys in a cache for me to trade, but when I first got involved in geocaching and my daughters were with me, they didn't mind it. There are lots of different folks that participate and as long as they are enjoying themselves, and trading even or trading up, who are we to complain.

After rethinking: You are absolutely right: I sometimes take my Godson caching - and he doesn't care where the trading toys come from... (Actually I usually carry the trade up items that I quietly slip into the cache after he is done raiding it :laughing: - otherwise he'd just take what I have in my backpack....)

(Actually I usually carry the trade up items that I quietly slip into the cache after he is done raiding it :anicute: - otherwise he'd just take what I have in my backpack....)

I do the opposite - if Teddy is looking though a cache and it's full of junk, I slip in something from my pack for him to find. It keeps him motivated on the trail.