The Down-loaded Co-ordinates Vary From What I Expect To See

I have a Garmin Map60CS, I realy like this as compared to my old unit GPS12, But when I down-load co-ordinates from EasyGPS, the decimal minutes are 10 to 20 different from what I was expecting to see. My position format is hddd*mm.mmm'. I've down-loaded through the 4 pin plug and USB, it makes no difference. My GPS12 has no problem, maybe 1 or 2 off. Has enyone run into this problem or maybe its condition! I did e-mail Garmin, haven't heard from them yet.

Thanks Squeak16

...the decimal minutes are 10 to 20 different from what I was expecting to see. My position format is hddd*mm.mmm'. ....maybe 1 or 2 off.
What do you mean by "10 to 20 different" and "1 or 2 off"? 10 to 20 what? 1 to 2 what? Different from what?

Are both GPSs set to Hddd°MM.mmm? Are you comparing the numbers on the GPS to those on geocaching.com (which are displayed as Hddd°MM.mmm) or EasyGPS (which are defaulted to Hddd.dddd).

I'm pretty sure you're just looking at the difference between coordinate formats, although I'm not sure, since your description of the problem isn't very clear to me.

Jamie

...the decimal minutes are 10 to 20 different from what I was expecting to see. My position format is hddd*mm.mmm'. ....maybe 1 or 2 off.
What do you mean by "10 to 20 different" and "1 or 2 off"? 10 to 20 what? 1 to 2 what? Different from what?

Are both GPSs set to Hddd°MM.mmm? Are you comparing the numbers on the GPS to those on geocaching.com (which are displayed as Hddd°MM.mmm) or EasyGPS (which are defaulted to Hddd.dddd).

I'm pretty sure you're just looking at the difference between coordinate formats, although I'm not sure, since your description of the problem isn't very clear to me.

Jamie

Hey, thanks for all that responded, I'm sorry I didn't explain myself , let me try again GCP4WT

N41*48.687 W078*16.886, this is correct, what I saw when I downloaded was N41*48.698 W078*16.902

I read for every 1000th minute = 6 feet. I would have had a hard time finding the Cache.

I received a e-mail from Garmin, I read it before I got on the forums. They said either one or both settings were wrong. Position format was correct, but Map Datum was set to NAD27 Alaska, changed it to WGS84. all it correct now.

Thanks and thanks to Garmin