Garmin Software For Pocket Pc Pda Setups?

No. Garmin's software is for their dedicated GPS's. You can buy Mapopolis for your PPC. It'll give you auto navigation for the road and off road navigatioon to the caches. You can also get National geographic Topo including Pocket topo for 24K topographic maps for your PPC. Add gpxsonar and you have paperless caching.

Or you can get a dedicate GPS too. Lot's of choices.

Edited by Alan2

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought but some others have indicated there was a work around with an emulator or something. The software I tried did not seem to work.

I am actually interested in low value mapping software that can manipulate ESRI shapefiles. I know that Garmin itself does not do this but there is some 3rd party apps that converts Garmin info to shapefiles and that was the reason for the inquiry.

Thanks for the reply but I tried this and ran into a couple problems. Neither GPS Proxy nor Quemap do not seem to reconize my GPS receiver

My GPS receiver is a CF card and is listed on Com port 4. GPS Proxy lists Com Port 4 as a serial port. Also Que map does not list a Com port 4 at all. Am I barking up the wrong tree or is this Garmin software set up for blue tooth only?

okay, this sounds really great. i downloaded it to my ipaq rz1715. now i have it on the pda screen, but there are no maps. how do i add the mapsource maps to this? thanks!

Hook a memory card to your computer somehow. Go into Mapsource and export maps the normal way. It will allow the memory card as a possible device. Send to the card. Put the card in the PPC and the maps should show up.

Now I can't figure out how to get load waypoints into the Que application (except for one at a time manually). I'm thinking it should be easy, but I can't find it anywhere.

Earthcomber has it's own maps but is a free app if you'd like to check it out. Also for caching try Cachemate, ($8) a must have for any PPC owner. Between it an CacheNav (a free plugin). Makes caching a much more plesent experience.