New Cache Submital Requests - 2 Ideas

jshults (Rally Dude)

#1 It would be WONDERFUL if at the point of submitting a listedin for review if the OWNER could pick the date and time to be posted publically AFTER the reviewer OK's the cache. Can this be added to the enhancement list?

#2 It would be even easier (I'm guessing) if at the point of submitting a listedin for review if the OWNER could pick a FLAG that leaves the cache DISABLED AFTER the reviewer OK's the cache. Can this be added to the wich list too? :D

Thanks...

1. Why not just ask your reviewer to release the cache on a certain date? These requests are made all the time, and are accommodated within reason.

2. Why would you want to immediately disable a cache? In any case you are notified immediately by e-mail when your cache is published, so you can race to your page and disable it. Great way to confuse the FTF crowd. :D

I hope you're not intending to go out and place the cache after the reviewer publishes it. Many people get the new cache notifications directly to their cell phones and will race to be FTF. Around here, it's common for a new cache to have 5 or more finders in the first half hour!

If your cache isn't in place when a reviewer publishes it, you're going to piss off a lot of people :)

Edited by Lil Devil

#1 It would be WONDERFUL if at the point of submitting a listing for review if the OWNER could pick the date and time to be posted publically AFTER the reviewer OK's the cache. Can this be added to the enhancement list?

I always thought this would be nice too (and I believe I even asked about this here before). Since approvers are often busy on weekends when many events take place, it would be cool to have a way to allow the cache to be approved, but not made public until a time set by the owner. I know numerous times when folks have asked their approver to approve a cache at a specific time on a certain day, only to be told by the approvers that "we don't sit in front of the computer 24/7 so we can't guarantee anything, but we'll try". Having an automated system would really benefit the reviewers as much as anyone else, as it would automate the process completely. Let technology do the work, so the reviewers can go caching. (And since most reviwers have 0 finds, that's proof they really do need to get out more) :D

Edited by DocDiTTo