Tomtom On Laptop

Hi all

Was wondering if it possible to get TomTom or similar to run on a PC laptop

I attach my gps to laptop and run autoroute to show me where i am, but is there something like TomTom out there that i can use instead?

Yes, it can be done! :D

You need to download the Microsoft Device Emulator 1.0.

Log on as a guest using MSDEVICE as the ID (if you're a firefox user then you may need to switch to IE for this as we had problems).

You'll also need activesync 3.7.x or higher so you can virtually connect the device like a real PDA, but there are instructions about all this anyway.

Once installed you can change the screen size / orientation etc...

Normal

d15c6b57-3331-4616-ad67-687e20602bb9.jpg

Enlarged

657905af-c115-4934-a316-49de8a1cae97.jpg

:( Great Thanx very much

Will be looking deeper at the navigator prog thanx mongoose

I take it, Hancock Clan, that is a PDA emulator then i need to load tomtom into it

Will look at that to-but if its a bit techie-well-erm-will give it a try

Yes, it is a PDA emulator, which I think is the only one available that will run all PPC programs, and you will have to install tomtom once you have it up and running.

The hardest bit seemed to be finding the link to download it! From there on after all instructions on setting it up were very clear, which is a good job as we're not very technically minded either! :P

Hmmm have down loaded the emulator, Hancock Clan, seems to work ok. just need to work out how it works, will really need to look into it

how do u get tomtom loaded? how do u get the emulator to see the gps? cann't get my head round it all-how could a prog in a prog see something real????? Wibble

guess i'll need to stick it on my laptop and see what happens eh lol