City Navigator Vs City Select?

zeropresence

They both have identical data. Navigator's maps are bigger geographically speaking. Think of it like this: Imagine 2 identical paper road maps (yes...They still make them!). Fold the first into fourths. Fold the second into sixths. The crease lines in the paper are your area definitions. The information is the same, but it is divided into smaller chunks in Select and larger chunks in Navigator. Does that make any sense, or did I blow the analogy?

With the CX and the ability to load lots of maps on big memory cards, I would go with Navigator.

They both have identical data. Navigator's maps are bigger geographically speaking. Think of it like this: Imagine 2 identical paper road maps (yes...They still make them!). Fold the first into fourths. Fold the second into sixths. The crease lines in the paper are your area definitions. The information is the same, but it is divided into smaller chunks in Select and larger chunks in Navigator. Does that make any sense, or did I blow the analogy?

With the CX and the ability to load lots of maps on big memory cards, I would go with Navigator.

Thank you!

Also I have copied my topo map cds to my harddrive (so I don't have to keep putting in the cds) and the West works fine but when I select East it crashes. I believe I need to edit my registry to reflect a harddrive location and not a disk drive. Does anyone know how to do this?

I thought Navigator had additinoal information allowing voice prompts, and heard rumors that it had more POI's etc. In addtion to the larger regions that you mention. ?

zeropresence,

The easy way is to uninstall the program. Then copy the CD's to your hard drive and intall the software from the hard drive. It should work. If not..you will need a registry editor and further instructions.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I thought Navigator had additinoal information allowing voice prompts, and heard rumors that it had more POI's etc. In addtion to the larger regions that you mention.

zeropresence,

The easy way is to uninstall the program. Then copy the CD's to your hard drive and intall the software from the hard drive. It should work. If not..you will need a registry editor and ruther instructions.

Worked... The registry path is now showing the harddrive... that was simple....

[i thought Navigator had additinoal information allowing voice prompts, and heard rumors that it had more POI's etc. In addtion to the larger regions that you mention.

No, CitySelect comes on lots of models that have voice prompts (e.g. Quest 1/II, iQue series, i1/2/3/, etc.) and the POIs are identical on the two products. CityNavigator does have a bit more routing related data so in a few cases it picks a little different route and it sometimes describes the exit or turn a little more completely. But by far the most significant difference is the region size issue already mentioned.