Garmin 60cs Thermometer.

SierraFive

I recently found a cool thing on my Garmin 60CS that wasn't it the manual. If I press Enter while powering the unit up, it brings up an engineers screen, which amongst other things, displays the units internal temperature. This hidden screen might be common knowledge I don't know. My question is, for those that know of it, does anyone know how accurate it is in relation the external temperature? It might be useful whilst out hiking.

Scott.

Edited by SierraFive

I recently found a cool thing on my Garmin 60CS that wasn't it the manual. If I press Enter while powering the unit up, it brings up an engineers screen, which amongst other things, displays the units internal temperature. This hidden screen might be common knowledge I don't know. My question is, for those that know of it, does anyone know how accurate it is in relation the external temperature? It might be useful whilst out hiking.

Scott.

I read somewhere that is accurate when you first power it up, after that it is affected by the internal temperature of the unit itself, don't know how much this affects it.

From Question 10 of the Setup Section of the FAQ. More about diagnostic pages in questions 8 and 9 of that section.

1. Internal temperature sensor is used for calibrating the GPSr to make it more accurate. It's only visible in the diagnostic page. 2. Selectable temperature field in the Setup menu is used when connecting a fishfinder (sonar) to measure water temperature.