How Did You Hear About Geocaching?

CroftFamily

I learned about geocaching while browsing a NW scuba diving forum. So I checked it out and discovered that one of the closest caches to my house was an underwater cache. GeoGrammy (my wife) and I grabbed our scuba gear the next weekend and made our first geocache find. We were also credited with an FTF since the only other finder at that time was a friend of the hider and was present during the hide. Not only was I hooked on geocaching, but I think I was bitten by the FTF bug.

Edited by Team Misguided

This is great! We've been real busy with the kids, and geocaching on weekends so I haven't looked at the thread in a while. WOW. I agree with the others, it would be cool to move this to a general forum and get the input from other cachers.

Honestly, I cannot wait to start meeting people. We've met two other cachers by pure accident when searching for Pitfalls of Geocaching. When we're out hunting we automatically scan others in the area and wonder if they are cachers as well. :laughing: I love this game, I am so happy to have found out about it. I've already picked a couple of caches to pick up the next time I visit my grandparents, they live in the middle of NO WHERE and there are caches all around them. Caching along the 14 hour drive will certainly keep the kids from dying of boredom!

Accidental discovery while Googling to learn how to effectively use my GPS so I wouldn't get lost on the trails. I actually discovered the site December 2002, but didn't think anything of it for the first 4 months after discovery. I bookmarked it, then signed up in April 2003 when I discovered there were a couple of caches nearby I could look for to try out the hobby. The rest is history.

Edited by TotemLake