Is This Alright For A Trade?

CroftFamily

Greetings folks. My family and I are very new to geocaching. We have done one cache, sans GPS (we don't have one yet). Thankfully it was a themed cache so finding a trade item was simple.

Anyway, I was at the dollar store today and found some Treasure Island DVDs, I grabbed a few thinking those would be alright to put into caches. If by chance the items in a found cache were obviously worth more than a simple dollar store item I would take nothing but leave a dvd. Same goes for the childrens craft projects I found there.

Is this something that is OK to do? I would like to avoid offending anyone during our "darn it we're broke" weeks.

That's fine. In fact, there's no real need to trade at all. Lots of people just sign the log without taking or leaving anything.

I knew that :o really I did. My kids had such a good time picking out items for other kids to collect, I wanted to ensure it was alright first. They also grabbed a couple watches, things they'd like to find. We'll get the hang of this I'm sure.

Greetings folks. My family and I are very new to geocaching. We have done one cache, sans GPS (we don't have one yet). Thankfully it was a themed cache so finding a trade item was simple.

Anyway, I was at the dollar store today and found some Treasure Island DVDs, I grabbed a few thinking those would be alright to put into caches. If by chance the items in a found cache were obviously worth more than a simple dollar store item I would take nothing but leave a dvd. Same goes for the childrens craft projects I found there.

Is this something that is OK to do? I would like to avoid offending anyone during our "darn it we're broke" weeks.

I love Treasure Island, come down to Houston and drop off some of those! :o

I too wondered about this and decided to just leave an item and not take anything or to leave nothing when in doubt. Another concern of this newbie was TB's. I saw some and figured I would leave them for others with more expierence in geocachering. Well, it turned out I should have taken them and at least moved them! Many I found haven't moved yet. Just my 2 cents.