What Are Overpriced Used Gps

chjr69

What is an overpriced used GPS I just received a 76cs with accessories and I'm very happy with the price I paid. We negotiated a price, unit arrived as stated and it is done. I would gladly pay a little more to a Geonut B) than to play with Ebay. I could ramble on, but I will end by saying thank you to Jetmonkey for a great toy and fast shipping.

Team Dubbin, the statement that you're referring to is a bit awkward the way it is written but I believe that chjr69 is referring to another post where someone was complaining about used units being way over priced (according to the person who was complaining anyway) on the garage sale forum on this site. Chjr69 seems to be very pleased with his purchase and it sounds like he doesn’t see any merit in the other person's complaints.

Chjr69, you're welcome and thank you!

JetMonkey

Team Dubbin, the statement that you're referring to is a bit awkward the way it is written but I believe that chjr69 is referring to another post where someone was complaining about used units being way over priced (according to the person who was complaining anyway) on the garage sale forum on this site. Chjr69 seems to be very pleased with his purchase and it sounds like he doesn’t see any merit in the other person's complaints.

Chjr69, you're welcome and thank you!

JetMonkey

I was the person who questioned (not complained) about the pricing - or over-pricing in relation to what one could buy one for NEW with a WARRANTY...

I agree with the [forum's] consent that it is a "buyer beware" market & that if there are two willing participants.. so be it.

It just dosen't sit well with me to charge the same, if not more for an item that can be had new - ESPECIALLY if the buyer is a novice & coming to a envirnoment where experienced [in the market he/she is buying] people frequent.

This was not the 1st (& won't be the last) time I have questioned general morals. I personally see this as no different than the TRUE analogy of "women being taken advantage of in car repair" - I've seen it!

One member responded [to my post] with his VAN as an example - this wasn't what I was talking about

You probably couldn't buy a customized van like his, NEW, with a Warranty tax free with no shipping charges

- I have a stock motorcyle thats 16 years old & to me, is worth double what the market bears, but I would NOT sell it to a kid just learning to ride for double the market worth... Maybe a collector, but not a novice.

That just isn't FAIR

I think my point is clear - I won't ramble anymore.

edited for spelling

Edited by vfrpilot