Legend Cx Case/cover

Anyone? I know I'm not the only one that has a legend c/cx...or vista c/cx. I looked at the official Garmin case last night, but it seems to be made more for the b&w etrex. With the screen cutout being tall and narrow. I guess it's what they use for the color series as well, but it seems to me that it blocks the sides of the screen a little bit.

Anyone else out there? :huh:

I've heard man people say they do not like the screen cutouts. The ones with plastic cause problems with being able to use it well and the ones without aren't really protecting the screen. I'd choose a case that covers it completely for carrying and then take it out for use.

Yeah, it's starting to seem like just a holster type carrier might be the way to go. I like the garmin case, but it just doesn't seem to fight the color units the way it should. After searching a few places I can only find the two options of either the garmin or the gilsson....so I guess those are my only choices. I use the lanyard with the GPSr around my neck usually, so I'm not really worried about dropping it. Just that I'll scratch the screen up while going between trees or that type of thing. Maybe I'll just use a PDA screen protector and a holster case?

Edited by Nocturnal Navigators

It stretches from the top of the "globe" logo on front of the GPSr, down the back, then wraps up across the bottom of the unit up to the "Garmin" logo. The elastic cords pass between the buttons, so no features are covered. It is a tight, snug fit leaving the joystick, the screen, and all side buttons uncovered and fully operational. Kind of a minimalist look, if you would, yet fully effective at securely holding the unit. It appears the silver strap that is stitched into the case is reflective. I can imagine that is a nice feature for night caching (oops, dropped the GPSr again!). :huh:

The 'biner fits into a loop sewn into the top of the case. So when I attach it to the 'biner on my pack it is upright. If preferred, there is another loop sewn into the bottom edge of the case so the 'biner could be attached there.

Hope this helps!

Edited by jiminpotomac

Yeah, I'm still debating on getting this one. It's just that I've tried it with the legend cx and the window isn't really the right side. The case was initially meant for the legend, vista, venture...so on, the blacn and white units. The color units have a shorter, but wider screen. On the pratical side it's not really covering anything important on the screen, but it does overlap the screen some on the sides...just enough to annoy me. :rolleyes: