Geocaching

Budbrew

I need help, I am a newbie when it comes to geocaching. I have never done it before, and am very interested in seeing what it is all about. I have a few question first before I can get involved. First, what is the best program for uploading caches to my Garmin 60CSx? How exactly do you go about uploading a cache to the Garmin units?

If you are a premium member here you can use pocket queries to get specific caches with more information via a .gpx file. Otherwise you can get .loc files which do not share as much info about the cache with you. GSAK (geocache swiss army knife) is one of the best tools, though it doesn't directly support the new x series yet you can still use it to filter the caches you want to use, make a .gpx file out of it and use mapsource to load it onto your 60csx. If you want to use a PPC or palm pilot then you can use GPX Sonar to read more log info and hints about each cache.

Happy hunting!