Clue Decrypt Bug

BigWhiteTruck

Well, I was pleased to see the clue decrypter installed. Well done. I think I found a bug in it though.

Hints with multiple lines are being decrypted with the lines running together. If I had to guess I would say the javascript is turning the br tags into oe tags :unsure:

Using the non-javascript method still works properly.

example where my haiku hint gets mangled.

to re-create:

create a hint that is more than one line.

view cache page with javascript enabled.

note that scrambled clue is more than one line

hit decrypt link

note decrypted clue is now one line merged together.

(i'm in SQA)

We had been also discussing this over in in a different thread (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=120254&st=250entry1987710)

Thanks for starting a separate thread!

I would *really* like to see this hint decryption issue fixed, so I'm commenting on it here as well! I couldn't come up with a strong reason to have this fixed before, but your haiku hint would suffer greatly from unbroken lines...

Another example is from my cache - GCRHP2, but others have shown better examples (GCT179) where the cache hint is *many many* lines.

And the behavior seems to be different between IE and Firefox as well.

I noticed this problem caching this weekend. I was worried I was reading the wrong page, because I remember seeing the encrypted clue on my Firefox browser as a number of lines. At GZ, I pull out the decrypted printout, and, looking at it for the first time, I see just a single line. Caused precious CPU cycles to be burned at site when looking around would have been the better use of setting sun.