Tb Distance Changes?

ju66l3r

From the release notes:

The Travel bug distance calculation has changed.

Jeremy, can you please elaborate on this change? What exactly is different now?

Just curious, because I have a relatively long-lived TB and I'm wondering what will be different about its mileage now.

I could be wrong here, but I think the TB page used to dynamically calculate the mileage whenever the page was viewed. There is a "recalculate mileage" option but it never seemed to be needed. I could delete previous logs and the mileage would always update correctly without having to manually recalculate it.

Now, since all the logs are not shown, dynamically calculating the mileage can't work. They have to calculate it and save it in the database. I would assume when a log is added or deleted it would trigger a recalculation. In case something goes wrong with that, the menu item would prove useful.

Maybe that menu item to recalculate was added long ago in anticipation of this newer change to not show all the logs :laughing:

So if I'm right, the actual mileage shouldn't change, just *when* it is calculated.

Edit for bad speeling.

Edited by Lil Devil

Just the code behind has changed. Nothing else has.

The display of incremental cache-to-cache mileage has also changed (it's gone).

What is going on with the mileage between caches? Is this being looked at? Is it gone for good? This issue has been brought up several times, but I don't think anything has been said about it by anyone at Groundspeak.

Thanks,

- ed777

Edited by ed777
Guess no one reads the announcements. *sigh*

They would if they were in a more obvious spot:

development.gif?

Just an idea...

EDIT: Also to point out the silliness of claiming _no one_ reads the announcements...in a thread quoting the announcement text as pretext to the question it asked...

Edited by ju66l3r