Gpsr And Digital Camera Time Stamp

Just saw such a program a few days ago. QuakeMap. Displays a map, allows you to import GSAK files, tracks and has a utility that lets you incorporate digital photos to your tracks based on the time-stamp of when the picture was taken. I played with it the other day and was pretty cool. May need some tinkering but overall I was able to have the pictures associate themselves with the track and have the picture displayed on the map......

Can be found at: http://www.earthquakemap.com/

A year or so ago I had a PC program that could sync the GPSr track and times to that on the time stamp of photos taken by a digital camera. Since then a lighning strike cause a complete meltdown. I can't remember it's name or where I got it from. It was a freeware program. Any help?

Thanks.

DespicableD2, I believe what you are looking for is RoboGEO 3.0. I tried this program and decided it was well worth the small fee of $22.99 for the full use program. I've used it a lot with my Map 60C and Legend and I love it. Be very sure you have the time in your camera sync'd precisely with GPS time. I use mine more to match waypoints to my pics.

Note from creator: Intentional errors are introduced in the free Demo version that will cause the latitude and longitude values to be inaccurate by up to about a mile. Otherwise, the demo is fully functional.

A year or so ago I had a PC program that could sync the GPSr track and times to that on the time stamp of photos taken by a digital camera.

Using which program for the track file?

Magellan track, Garmin track, or was the track downloaded using a third party app?

I'm currently unsuccessfully playing, with one to do the same thing with Oziexplorer tracks.

cheers.

A year or so ago I had a PC program that could sync the GPSr track and times to that on the time stamp of photos taken by a digital camera.

Using which program for the track file?

Magellan track, Garmin track, or was the track downloaded using a third party app?

I'm currently unsuccessfully playing, with one to do the same thing with Oziexplorer tracks.

cheers.

The RoboGeo program I mentioned earlier works with Garmin GPSrs directly, or if you have a Magellan GPSr, you'll need to import the tracklogs instead of using the program to download them directly from the GPS. Using G7ToWin is one method for creating an import file (either G7T or GPX formats). I've been using RoboGEO with my Garmins with great results.