Mac Users

2chip

Hello everyone. I just got a new Powerbook and was wondering what the best Mac geocaching software was.

I'm having trouble connecting my eTrex Legend. I think the problem may be with my USB to Serial converter. It is a Cables Unlimited USB 2.0 to DB9M adapter from Tigerdirect. Any idea where I can get mac drivers for it? Mac SimpleGPS doesn't seem to recognize it.

Speaking of SimpleGPS, would you recommend the beta version, or should I go with the stable one.

If this topic has been done before I apologize, the search feature was disabled. Thanks for all of your help.

It's about time.....

MACWORLD EXPO, SAN FRANCISCO/January 10, 2006/PR Newswire — Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), today announced that it will immediately begin to make its line of GPS and mobile electronics devices compatible with Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger." This makes Garmin the first major GPS designer and manufacturer to announce direct support for Mac OS X.

..bla..bla..bla..

By the end of 2006, Garmin intends to have made all its popular hardware and software applications Mac OS X compatible. This includes the ability to load MapSource map data to Garmin units via a Mac, as well as waypoint and trip planning applications. Additionally, the Garmin nRoute application will allow Powerbook and iBook users to turn their laptop into a powerful street navigation tool with Garmin’s GPS 10 or GPS 18 sensors.

http://www.garmin.com/pressroom/corporate/011006.html

The ability to work with MapSource will be a big step for macusers......

Edited by TheBadger