60cs & City Navigator V7

I ordered a copy of City Select v7 from this company and they sent me City Navigaotr v7 instead. I don't know how big of a deal this is, but when I spoke with a tech guy from Garmin, he said he reccomended City Select as opposed to Navigator because of the file sizes of the maps are larger chunks in Navigator.

My question... should I bother returning this software and order Select v6 or v7 or should I just use the Nav v7 that I have in my possession? Will it make that big of a difference? My main goal with this GPSr is to auto-route while on the road. Will Navigator work for this or should I start over and order Select?

Thanks for your help.

City Select-NA would probably be better, but both will work and it's not nearly as big a deal for the 60c/cs models as it would be for the units with even less memory like the LegendC/VistaC, GPS V, and Map60. Quite a few of the regions in CityNavigator-NA v7 are around 15 MB with the largest being about 25 Mb. So you can still fit several regions into your 60cs.

But with units that only hold 24 MB, the larger regions will frequently only let you load one at a time which can be a big issue when you're traveling near the border between regions.

Well, I decided to pop open the box and load the software. After loading it up, I probably should've sent it back. My house, my parent's house and my brother' house are within 6 miles of each other. The map is cut so our houses are in 2 different regions. My work (40 miles away) is in yet another region. Those 3 regions take up 56.4mb... just enough for me not to be able to load the info. This software sucks. I can't wait for the upgrade to Nav8 in June... I'll just have to wait though because I already burned a C-not on this pile of trash software and won't do it again until I can get the upgrade.

Edited by ErikJeanna

Not sure if applies to the 60, but had same problem with the Vista (given as gift) in fact some maps on Navigator won't even fit on the unit despite it being on the compatible list. Contacted Garmin (emailed tech support) and they sent me City Select after sending them Navigator. Annoying, but the maps are smaller.

Good luck

Well, I decided to pop open the box and load the software. After loading it up, I probably should've sent it back. My house, my parent's house and my brother' house are within 6 miles of each other. The map is cut so our houses are in 2 different regions. My work (40 miles away) is in yet another region. Those 3 regions take up 56.4mb... just enough for me not to be able to load the info. This software sucks. I can't wait for the upgrade to Nav8 in June... I'll just have to wait though because I already burned a C-not on this pile of trash software and won't do it again until I can get the upgrade.

Have you tried to load the maps on your 60cs? The reason I ask is, I can load 56.5 onto mine. Anything more and I get an error message. It does not hurt to try, and It might work for you. Or you might do as Moocows suggested as contact Tech support and see if they will swap with you.