Annother Newbie Legend C

Hello Newbie. I too just got the Legend C and went through the same issues. What I have found is that installing the GSAK program allows me to send .GPX files to my computer and use it to transfer them to my handheld.

It's a good application, GSAK, and seems to help this newbie sort, load and mark all of my caches.

Before I loaded it on my pc I read all of the support material that's available. It helped. I am now entering the end of my trial period with GSAK and will probably purchase it. I have not used many of the advanced functions like pocket queries but that is a matter of time.

Good Luck. :grin:

The key to having the waypoints go into your GPSr as Geocaches is getting the .gpx files, which you can only get if you are a Premium Member.

When I first started caching, I ponied up the $3.00 a month for several months to be able to get Pocket Queries that greatly simplified my caching preparation. :lol:

After several months, I realized I was hooked on this new activity/sport/hobby/obsession, so I scraped together the $30.00 for a whole year. :grin:

The key to having the waypoints go into your GPSr as Geocaches is getting the .gpx files, which you can only get if you are a Premium Member.

While being a premium member definitely has it's advantages (I'm going premium as soon as I get my PDA for paperless caching), this is not entirely accurate. You can use EasyGPS and do the same thing using .loc files, you just have to make sure and edit each waypoint, changing the symbol to the closed treasure chest. I also own the Legend C, and this works for me.