Gps Failure.

tucoblue

After three hunting seasons and several geo-cache finds I am extremely confident in my Etrex Camo. Of course now that I have that "Feel Good" confidence I wonder about the unit failing me. Does this happen often? What would cause a failure? What fails in the unit? Anything I can do to minumize the chance of a failure?

I will appreciate any thoughts, Tucoblue.

I have owned and used Garmins for over 6 yrs with no "failures" of any electronic or mechanical kind. I've had my Legend fall on rocks, into streams, and off the roof of my truck (stupid me left it for a moment, then forgot and drove off)! The only thing I would call a failure is caused by me, like forgetting extra fresh batteries and spending much longer on the trail or off in the woods. I ALWAYS carry my trusty compass and a hardcopy map when off in the woods using my GPS as insurance, but have never been let down by a unit failure.

Why I love Garmin, a love story, by: Jelly

My eTrex Legend fell victom to screen scrambling. I'm told it's common, anywho, I sent it back to Garmin for repair (keep in mind this unit is four yrs old). They sent me a NEW UNIT, FOR FREE, they EVEN PAID THE POSTAGE!

Now my eTrex Summit is acting up. It points a few degrees off. I've tried calibrating the electronic compass but no dice. I'll see what Garmin has to say...

Still, GARMIN KNOWS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Jelly