Undergorund Railroad

It appears this locationless did not come over, at least not yet.

I am proposing this category. Whe I did it as a locationless I was surprised to find how many there were just in the Chicago area and some of the history was incredible. I would love to help manage something like this.

This was proposed hear as a sub catagory hear

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116745

Hmmm. This previous proposal seems to be for railway stations that are physically located underground.

However, I took this to refer to the underground railroad that existed to transport slaves from the south to the north around the time of the U.S. Civil War. That would indeed be a fascinating category! I'm aware of one such site in Boston (I'm sure there are more). These are often not widely known places, so the educational value of Waymarking along this historic network would be enormous!

Hope this one makes it . . . .

I can't believe that no one else (besides baloo & bd) has suggested places associated with the underground railroad already!

Here is a link to just one site that has some of these places listed. This would be a great category.

Edited to make it clear that I mean that baloo & bd had a great idea!

Edited by Team Neos
I can't believe that no one has suggested places associated with the underground railroad already!

Here is a link to just one site that has some of these places listed. This would be a great category.

Maybe I was not clear enough. Yes, I did mean the Underground railroad as it pertains to slave movement.