New Cache Notifications Suggestion

DocDiTTo

I've been getting the New Cache Notification emails for a while now. Love 'em. They're great. However, there's something they're missing...

The 4 links that show up in the email are for

1) the Published log entry, which is pretty much useless.

2) the profile for the Approver who made the published log, which is also pretty much useless although maybe nice to know.

3) the new cache page which is very helpful

4) the notification email setup page, which is nice if you want to make changes.

What would really be nice would be to add to the email who hid the cache, along with a link to their profile. Nothing in the email states who actually did the hide, which is really what I'd like to know. I don't usually care who approved it, and I certainly don't need to see the published log, but I definitely would like to see who the hider is.

So, my suggestion - modify the notification emails to add information on who hid the cache with a link to their profile. If something needs to be removed to keep the emails small, delete the Published notifcation log link and/or the link to the approver's profile.

Another improvement (IMHO) would be to change the link format for the cache from the long, email unfriendly GUID format to the shorter WP=GCxxxx format. GUID links always get broken when they're forwarded in email, whereas WP= links usually remain intact.

(I apologize if this has been hashed out before, search broken blah blah blah)

Edit: Apparently I can't count... ;)

Edited by DocDiTTo