Wanted:

airporter

Look at:

Prairie Geomatics

The one we have looks like the one called a "wide" re-radiating antenna. Magnetic antenna for the roof and a re-radiating rod that you mount somewhere in the vehicle, powered by 12V DC. Our purpose was to provide a signal to anyone in our cachemobile (we have that metallic tint on our windows that blocks signal). When it is on, it actually puts out a signal strong enough that it will confuse the GPSr's if we are within about 15 feet of the vehicle (we have to unplug it at true "park & grabs". The GPSr's see the sats in the sky AND the signal from the re-radiator and freak out!).

another "wide" rra ...

GPS Central

one more 12-volt:

MightyGPS

one that runs off batteries:

PC Mobile

a review of this unit:

GPSInformation

or maybe you might like to build one:

Byte The Bullet

We did one of these early on ... it was fun but not nearly powerful enough for what we wanted. It could give you additional gain in areas with heavy cover ... some folks attach the antennas to their hats or a walking stick so they'll be able to get them up higher.

We paid about $85 for our unit and have never once regretted buying it. Be sure to compare US$ to US$ when pricing - you may pay considerably less if you buy from one of the Canadian vendors because of the exchange rate.

Have fun! and Happy Trails!

I am looking for an external re radiating antenna suitable for use with a Garmin Vista C. Does anybody have one or can point me in the direction of where to get one.

Thanks

Alex

PC Mobile

You can get a complete kit for 50 bucks from these guys. Had to have one with the up-armored hummv as my Rino wouldn't aquire inside the vehicle.