Book Marking

kcseagull

If you bookmark a cache, and make it public, your bookmark will show up on that cache page.

If lots of people have a cache on their bookmark list, that list will be long and will let you know it is a good one and one to put on your "Must Do" list.

I have two bookmark lists, "Memorable Caches and "Caches with a View."

If you are traveling to an unfamiliar area, looking at local cacher's bookmark lists would help you pick out the caches you should seek out, instead of just finding the 1/1 parking lot or reststop micros. :P

There are more features to Bookmarks that I am sure others will tell you about. :lol:

Two of my bookmark lists I like a lot, so they're included below in my signature line. I made my favorite caches list public and shared, so it appears on the cache pages as a compliment to the hider and to help others notice the really good caches. My unresolved DNF list is useful for lots of reasons: (1) you can't search to read someone's DNF logs, so it's fun to collect them all in one place since the stories are often funny, (2) I like to encourage others to log DNF's, as there's no shame in it IMHO, (3) I get watchlist notices when someone else finds the cache, letting me know it's still there and maybe giving me a hint, and (4) it is satisfying to go back and knock one off the list once I've gone back and found it.

Others like keeping track of their "First to Finds" on a bookmark list. I don't play the FTF race game, but I know how much others enjoy it!

Perhaps the most practical use I've found is as a planning tool. When I'm going on a trip, I can bookmark caches to construct a route of which ones I'd like to visit. I can also share that list with other geocachers who are going along on the trip, so that everyone can get a pocket query and a cache list for the day's planned activities.

Right after the feature came out at the beginning of last year, I started a thread for everyone to list the possible uses for bookmarks. With the search feature broken, I can't link you back to it. So, thanks for starting a new thread! It is one of my favorite features.