Bluetooth Gpsr With Pocket Pc For Geocaching?

ndimmick

I use a CF GPS that slips into the CF slot of my PPC> This way I don't have to hold two different devices. You can now get teh SIRF STAR III chipset in a CF GPS by Globalsat. It's the best chipset available for reception. The CF configuration is new - it was only available in the Bluetooth until recently.

Edited by Alan2

While I can't help you specifically on the Pocket PC because I use a Palm, I can tell you the my BT-338 from GlobalSat is every bit as accurate as my GPSr and is WAAS enabled with the SirfIII chipset. Works well under tree cover as well. It is also designed to work with the Pocket PC.

There are several programs that you can use on the PDA (Palms and PPCs) such as TomTom Navigator and Fugawi as well as Cachemate with its Cachenav extension. Use that with GSAK and you have a good system. The GPSr is still more flexible for me though but I use both so I can have topo and Landsat images with me on the Palm with Fugawi software.

JDandDD

Edited by JDandDD