City Select Update 7

thcri

I got my new disk for an update from 5.0 to 7.0. Went to the web, Garmin has my original information and doing the upgrade from the web and giving my credit card information everything goes fine until I click ok after the credit card information. Then it tells me there is nothing in my Cart and I have to enable cookies. I don't have cookies enabled. Supposedly I am suppose to get my unlock code via email which I have not gotten yet eithe. But not sure how long it is suppose to take either.

Is this normal and I will get my unlock code in a day or two or did the order not go through?

murph

I am running windows XP. So there must be something in there that is doing it. I finally did an unlock right from the software itself and it is now working. I don't know why it takes you to the same page but it worked so I am ok.

Thanks for your response.

murph

murph,

I'm having the same problem. When I enter my credit card information it tells me I have nothing in my cart. I have tried this twice and the second time I changed my cookie setting from medium to no security. Still the same thing. You said you did an unlock from the software. How did this work without the registration code? Thanks.

The only customer code I have is for the original software which is version 6. When I enter the code it shows that it's my customer code for version 6. Version 7 didn't come with a customer code or a registration number. I've been trying to purchase the unlock code for version 7 which I have on DVD and have installed on my computer. I've gone to the appropriate web-site several times and clicked on 'Unlock Update Disk' and tried to purchase the code for $50. Everything goes smoothly until I enter my credit card info and click on 'finish'. I then get a message that my shopping cart contains no items.