Pda Vs Ique M5

Thatsit

The IQUE is a PDA.... Next question, please. :unsure:

With a BT GPS, you can change PDAs later on. If you get tired of the IQUE, you've lost your GPS as well. Also, you can toss the BT GPS onto the car's dashboard while your passenger can hold the PDA in a more comfortable position (where the IQUE's antenna might not work as well.)

All of these things tend to be battery hogs, so the more sets of batteries in use, the better. That would legislate in favor of separate units. The less drain you put on the PDA's batteries, the longer it will last. (Hopefully, you're looking at my last sentence and saying, "Well, duh....")

As stated, bluetooth is much more flexible. My Globalsat BT-338 is about 1" wide by 1.5" long. You can wear it on your belt and it works great under trees and in the car on the road, amazing reception with SirfIII and WAAS.

I use a Palm, GSAK, cachemate/cachenave and Fugawi. Getting Tomtom Navigator 5 for street mapping.

JDandDD

I don't have the Ique but do have and Ipaq 2215 with a newly purchasesd Sirf III GPS (had a Fortune CF GPS before but it failed and I had to replace it.)

That's one of the advantages with a spearate GPS you plug. Also, the Ique does not have the SirfIII chipset which is the best GPS receiver availanle to day. It outperforms both the 60cs and ther Ique. If they come out with a IV later, I could always upgrade again - something you cannot do with the IQUE as it's integrated. OF course having the GPS built in means never having to not have the GPS with you.

You can probably do better in pricing by packaging your own system rather than using the Ique but some people like the idea of not having to bother. Also the ique may be more than you need. You can get a much cheaper Ipaq if the other feature for the PPC you need are not required.

Keep in mind that the compass rose and bearing arrow are determined in both my Ipaq and Garmin's Ique by movement and calculation from the satellite data like the 60c rather than by the on-board magnetic compass like the 60cs.