Address Icon Appears Sporadically On 76cs

red1mi

Can someone please explain why the icon that lets you type in and find an address is rarely showing up on the Find menu on my 76CS? It has shown up a couple of times, so I know it's there someplace. Most of the time it doesn't show up in the menus though, at least not where I'm looking. I'm running the U.S. Recreational Lakes East map. I updated the firmware and that didn't help.

Sounds like your maps have not been transferred to your GPSr. I have gone through the transfer procedure before only to find exactly what you’re talking about on my unit (60c). I then searched for the maps on my unit and found none. I re-downloaded the maps to my unit again and all was well. It has happened to me a couple of times and its really weird but you may want to make sure your maps were transferred or transfer then again.

I would have thought that the number of find icons is constant and part of the unit's firmware. It may possibly depend on what mapset(s) you have loaded. Not all have the same points of interest.

Mine shows 19 icons and I've never seen them come and go as you describe. You do realize of course that only 12 will show on the screen at one time and to see the balance you must scroll down? B)

Olar

Maybe updating the firmware is why the number of icons changed (though it seems odd to me that it would go from 10 down to 6), but where is that darn Address icon? If it hadn't shown up a couple of times I'd think that it wasn't available with Recreational Lakes, but I had it there on at least two occasions, and then a minute later it was gone.

I'm looking at the Find menu, from pressing the Find button on the GPSr. The Main menu has 12 icons, and no, there aren't any more that I have to scroll up or down to.