Gsak Says Its Downloading, No Waypoints Show Up

flamingskye

Hi,

I'm trying to use GSAK to download waypoints to my new Garmin Etrex Legend C. I have chosen "Garmin" under GPS setup. I have loaded 4 .gpx waypoint files into the database. I chose "send waypoints" and it seemed to send them to my Garmin, which is turned on and plugged in (and I loaded the USB drivers first!). But the waypoints don't show up on the Garmin. ???

Yes, I'm a newby here. I'm interested in registering the software, but I need to know it works for me.

Thanks,

flamingskye

There's lots of things that could be at fault. The first thing to verify is that you've checked the "Use USB" box in the GPS Setup menu, in addition to choosing "Garmin" as the GPS brand.

I assume you're not getting any actual errors when sending to the Legend? It appears to complete successfully but there's no waypoints when it's done? How are you checking to see whether the waypoints are there?

Hi,

I'm trying to use GSAK to download waypoints to my new Garmin Etrex Legend C. I have chosen "Garmin" under GPS setup. I have loaded 4 .gpx waypoint files into the database. I chose "send waypoints" and it seemed to send them to my Garmin, which is turned on and plugged in (and I loaded the USB drivers first!). But the waypoints don't show up on the Garmin. ???

Yes, I'm a newby here. I'm interested in registering the software, but I need to know it works for me.

Thanks,

flamingskye

The usual culprit in this case is that the waypoints are there, but your Legend is not displaying them. Make sure that when you are listing waypoints, the Legend C is set to "Find by Name" and "All Symbols". More infor (with screen shots) can be found at questions 5 and 6 in the waypoints section of the FAQ.

There's lots of things that could be at fault. The first thing to verify is that you've checked the "Use USB" box in the GPS Setup menu, in addition to choosing "Garmin" as the GPS brand.

I assume you're not getting any actual errors when sending to the Legend? It appears to complete successfully but there's no waypoints when it's done? How are you checking to see whether the waypoints are there?

Yes, checked the USB box for sure. No, no error reports. On the Garmin, I went to "Find" and then the waypoints page to look.

Thanks for helping me...

flamingskye

Hi,

I'm trying to use GSAK to download waypoints to my new Garmin Etrex Legend C.  I have chosen "Garmin" under GPS setup.  I have loaded 4 .gpx waypoint files into the database.  I chose "send waypoints" and it seemed to send them to my Garmin, which is turned on and plugged in (and I loaded the USB drivers first!).  But the waypoints don't show up on the Garmin. ???

Yes, I'm a newby here.  I'm interested in registering the software, but I need to know it works for me.

Thanks,

flamingskye

The usual culprit in this case is that the waypoints are there, but your Legend is not displaying them. Make sure that when you are listing waypoints, the Legend C is set to "Find by Name" and "All Symbols". More infor (with screen shots) can be found at questions 5 and 6 in the waypoints section of the FAQ.

Oh my, thanks. Once I sent the menu to "by name," boom! there they were.

Now I feel VERY silly!

flamingskye