Reccomend State Park For Caching Ky/tn

CamoCachers

me and my gf are planning an impromptu vacation of sorts for this weekend. she found out she has the weekend off for the first time in about 6 months, so we wanna do something. she mentioned going caching somewhere, score!

i wanna find a state park/forest in ky or tn to cache in. wed prefer a fairly cache populated area, where we can do a fair amount of regular sized caches in a day or two. we hate having to drive around not nowing where we are searching for an obscure cache. our weekend would be a lot more fun if we could do a days worth of caches within the boundaries of one park.

any reccomendations are appreciated. if you could, include a zip code or coords so i could get a local map and directions and such. thanks

no real area, were open to anywhere. just want it to be south of indiana so its a lil warmer, and within a 6 hour or so drive of louisville, ky. which leaves us with pretty much all kentucky and tennessee. and pets need to be allowed on the trails, well be bringing our dog along. if i had to pick an area, id say more to the west of the states, towards the mississippi river.

the trip will be totally focused around a day or two full of hiking/caching. so a park with plenty of good caches is enough of a destination for us. nothing else needs to be in the area. in fact itd be better if it was an out of the way place.

i didnt mention it in the title but wed also be very interested in state forests. seems they get used less than state parks, and our goal is to kind of get away from people.

I'll second the KYgirls. There is a planetarium, a nature center, campgrounds, a elk and bison prairie, and many caches. (Hotels are available in nearby cities, as well as state park lodges, like Lake Barkley SP, and Kentucky Lake SP.) Dogs are allowed most places, and there are plenty of things to do. (If you must do something besides cache. :)

Let me suggest Lock 4 park in Gallatin, TN! It is near the TN/KY border.

The area is used as a mountian biking trail but hikers frequent the area as well...namely those like myself who really enjoy sweet caches to go and find.

Here is the link to the cache that you can find at the parking area Smack Dab in yer Face I realize that this one is a micro...but all of the caches in the park are ammo boxes or larger! You can score 5 of them in the park itself, but if you cache in Gallatin prior to going to the park you can get countless numbers because this area is in a sea of caches.

I was there last weekend, I don't know if I'll be able, but I gotta go back with my mountan bike and pick up those caches in Lock 4 I missed. Great park, nice trails, and good caches. There is a BIG cache there. (I left a WJTB.)

(Oh darn, I like everywhere, I'll steer you all over the KY/TN area if I don't shutup.)