Mapsend Software With Xplorist 210

ictester

Since I dont have my 210 yet, I looked on the Magellan web site to see what map software I could use to upload to it and they list "MapSend DirectRoute North America"

I checked Ebay and see a lot of different map send software packages, can some one tell me which ones will work with the Xplorest 210. I dont need a new version maby last years would do. Since I live in the boonies Im wondering how detailed are the road maps I can upload. Will it do county roads?

thanks

Any version will work. Since DR 3.0 is supposedly on the verge of coming out and will have the USB support integrated into the program (maybe you even have it on an accompanying DVD? It comes with the XL I think), you might find it worthwhile springing for the new one...even waiting a month or two if necessary.

I have MapSend TOPO US V. 4.20 and every time i try to load it onto the Explorist 210 using the Magellan Conversion Manager, i cant seem to find the file that i have saved from MapSend. If i change the file tag to the correct type, then i can find it and load it onto the GPS, HOWEVER, i get an error from the 210 stating incorrect file type and wont load the detail maps.

Ben

Well, that's a sign of an improvement over the firmwares on the 500/600. If you try to load a Topo USA map on them, they will lock your unit up requiring a hard reset.

Can't blame them much, though: Topo USA is not compatible with the Explorist line.

Edit to add: it's got something to do with the fact that explorists use a different processor than the GPSs that were compatible with the older MapSend Topo.

Edited by embra

Specifics to my earlier post -

Mapsend Topo US V 4.20 exports a file called Xregion.img to the foler C:\Program Files\Magellan\MapSend Topo US\EXPORT\IMAGES. Magellan Conversion manager is only looking for files with the extension *.imi or *.mgi. I can change the file to a *.imi or *.mgi file, but then when i upload this to the eXplorist 210 via the conversion manager, i get error messages. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ben