Ordered My Ifinder H2o C Plus Today, Any Tips?

I finally made a decision after pouring over posts here. I like the "bang for the buck" of the iFinder, so I crossed my fingers and placed an order.

Any iFinder users out there with tips to smooth the way?

I previously was using a very old Magellan with no updates at all. My father in law needed it back for hunting, and now I am hoping my husband doesn't open the package and see the price on my new toy.($299) :unsure:

The only suggestion I would make is, if you haven't already done so, I would consider downloading the H20 C Product manual and the H20 Product Emulator at:

http://www.lowrance.com/Outdoor/Products/iFINDERH2O.asp

Downloading and playing with the emulator will help you become familiar with the functions of the unit and let you figure out how you would like to set up the customized data displays. Its just like having the real thing on your computer screen! By using the emulator I had most of the controls figured out and all my data fields set up by the time my H20 arrived in the mail.

Good luck with your H20 C and hope you enjoy it as much as I do my H20!

Hey congrats on the purchase you're gonna LOVE the H2O C! :unsure:

While you're waiting for it to arrive you could download the owners manual from here and review how the thing works. It appears the H2O "C" manual isn't available online just yet, so grab the standard H2O manual for now, they're pretty similar.

If you can't wait for some hands on practice with the iFinder, try downloading a product emulator from here . Once installed onto your PC it will bring up an actual working model of the GPS! Well, without antenna of course lol. That ought to keep you amused for a while, and by the time your GPSr gets to you, you'll know how to use it! :)

Edit: Looks like Indotguy is a faster typer than I am :P

Edited by IVxIV

I have the older greyscale version, but it should be about the same. For loading waypoints, get the Beta version of GSAK. It has direct Lowrance support and allows you to do fun things like change the icons based on the type of cache it is.

Consider an external antenna for driving. That way you don't need the GPS up next to the window to get a good signal. They go for about $20 on ebay.

You might also find the general Lowrance tips thread interesting. There is some great stuff in there. As always, ask any questions you have when you get it and we'll all be here to help out. :ph34r: