Garmin Etrex Vista

laird3

Having the same problem with my new Vista. After reading this post I checked the battery terminals and found that Garmin had already added a piece of foam to 2 of the battery terminal. I added a piece the the third (The fourth is a spring) but am still having problems with the unit shutting off for no reason. The batteries are fully charged NiMH. Any one else come up with a reason or fix? I've sent an email to Garmin Support (about a week ago) and haven't heard a word. I'm going to call them today. I must say I'm not real impressed with Garmin's support so far...

Thanks

I must say I'm not real impressed with Garmin's support so far...

You are going about it the wrong way ....CALL THEM. My experiences with Garmin support have been GREAT. They even replaced a 6 month old unit with a brand new unit (not a refurbished unit) for us. They even gave us some freebie neoprene cases for our GPSs. ;)

Is your battery type NiMH / Alkalin properly selected in set-up? Does it do it with new Duracells in place?

Believe me .... if you call .... they will help you!

:blink: ImpalaBob

Edited by ImpalaBob