Gps Receivers For Pda

beanysquil

I'm real new to this so give me a chance ! - We came across this brilliant sport by accident and after finding two local caches the hard way want to take it seriously. I've got a bluetooth iPAQ already and a good clue on appropriate software but the range of receivers is too much for me. Can anyone offer advice on a good budget receiver and UK supplier ? I've spent three nights searching the net and ended up with too much information to make any sense. All the sirf III units sound great but can I get similar performance for less that £50 ?

Excellent, I'd kind of settled on the GPSlim236 so it looks like I wasn't far off the mark.

Any good tips on software to go with it ? I was heading for VITO Navigator II based on a magazine review and having already blown my budget. I figure I can add street navigation and the like later. Is there anything else I need in terms of hardware/software as a beginner ??

I've got the GPSLim236 working with my iPaq 4700.

It's great. Fast fixes and great reception.

As to software:

GPX Sonar

GSAK

For the actual finding:

GPSMap-OS along with OS GPS Convertor as the map one uses OS grid refs not WGS84

I'm trying out BeeLineGPS as well for a more GPSr looking solution.

Simon

Excellent, I'd kind of settled on the GPSlim236 so it looks like I wasn't far off the mark.

Any good tips on software to go with it ? I was heading for VITO Navigator II based on a magazine review and having already blown my budget. I figure I can add street navigation and the like later. Is there anything else I need in terms of hardware/software as a beginner ??

I would suggest BeeLine GPS from Visual GPS,LLC. It has worked great for me on my Garmin iQUE M5. Cost 30 US dollars. It handles over 1000 waypoints, and has a number of customizable features.

Kim Warner, Jr.

Columbia, MD

aka, Basssax