Ifinder Go2 Question

crb77

I just bought a new iFinder GO2. I'm used to my old Garmin Etrex Yellow. When doing a 'GO-TO' on the Etrex on the map page, the course line always shows to your waypoint from your current position, even when moving. On the iFinder, the course line stays from your waypoint to the place you were when you started the 'go-to' function. Once you've moved, especially if you're zoomed in, sometimes this course line will be off your screen completely and is utterly useless. Does anyone know of a way to set the iFinder GO2 so that the course line will update from your current position?

My iFinder Pro does the exact same thing. But then again, don't ALL GPSr's initiate the "course line" the same way? Like you said, once a GOTO has been activated the course line is drawn from your starting point directly to your destination waypoint, and stays there. This is useful in boating, it can show you how much you're wavering off course. But on land and especially while driving on roads, the course line doesn't really offer any value, as eventually the course line waunders completely off the screen.

I think you're stuck with the way the course line works. And like I said, I belive all GPSR's do the same thing.

the default on the meridian gold was this way and i always hated it. well at least you could change it. on my legend C, the line changes as i move by default. i really think there should be a setting for this(though i have never used a lowrance)because all the gps i have experience with have been able to change how this works. i downloaded the advanced manual for the go2, but have not found anything about this yet.

Edited by hogrod

I don't think there are any iFinder options available for changing how the course line is managed.. the moment you initiate a GOTO, it draws a static line from your starting point to your destination, and that line doesn't move until you cancel the GOTO or pick another GOTO.

On Lowrance GPSr map pages though, there is an arrow at the corner of the display that always points directly to your destination no matter where it is.. So, why would you want that AND have a course line that does the same thing as well?

IVxIV, I have an iFinder GO2, which has a much smaller screen than your PRO. Because of this, I turned off the 'Steer Arrow' function in the corner to allow more room for my map. I would prefer the course line to show from my current position as an integral part of the map without blocking off any of the little room I have. Also, I am used to using my old Garmin Etrex Yellow, which does update the course line from your current position.