Splitting A "team" Account

LeoGeo

We currently have a "team" account (User I.D.) covering two people. If we wanted to split it into two individual accounts, would it be considered kosher for one person to keep the old account name, and the other person, with a new account name, to go back and log all the previous finds (on the actual date found)? That is, could NewAccount log a "found" for a cache on July 3, 2004, or whatever was the actual date that we found it and logged it originally under OldAccount? Then each of us would continue to have credit for all the caches we found when we were logging them as a team. Thanks.

Yes, it is done quite often.

If you ask nicely, the Powers That Be can even backdate your new account membership date.

And as a Premium Member you might like to know there is a "work arould" for the new account to log those Subscriber Only Caches without actually paying for a second Premium Membership.

Now rest up and get ready for all that typing.

My girlfriend used to run under my account also, but all her finds were when we were together. If you can know for sure which finds the other person has, if they are not all, you would be doing what I did. One night, she logged about 200 finds under her new account. I expected at least a few emails from folks asking what was going on and we received none. I think the only issue you may have is with a cache owner who doesn't know you two. Then an easy explaination should solve the issue. Good luck.

You sure can do it. Just put a little explanation and use the correct date so there is no confusion. When my wife created her own account, she went back and logged finds as many as 2 years old with a little note saying "found it with BrianSnat, now logging under my own account".

One of the easiest ways to do this is to search for caches found by the team account. When the list comes up you can pull up each cache and see the date the team logged it.