Sending Cache Descriptions To My Nokia 3650

When I go caching in an area that's relatively new to me, I run a Pocket Query with the place I'm staying as the center, and a 50 km radius. I then have the PQ machine send me the results in both the GPX and the eBook (PRC) format.

What I want is to send the cache descriptions and maybe the last 3 logs to my Nokia 3650 phone, in one big file. I've tried different converting methods, but most of them end up producing some kind of HTML file with all kinds of tags in it. My Nokia has EBook Reader installed, which wants PRC or PDB files. If I send the PRC file from the PQ to the phone, all the meta-data (< HEAD > < BODY > and such) are still in there, making it hard to read and quite large in size.

What is the best (quick & easy) way to convert either GPX or PRC files to a PDB file that my Nokia will accept and display properly?

Thanks!

BFM

Edited by BigFurryMonster

What is the best (quick & easy) way to convert either GPX or PRC files to a PDB file that my Nokia will accept and display properly?

BFM

nokia’s mobiles do understand vcard files (i.e. the adressbook files).

just do this:

-> open gpsbabel

-> convert gpx to vcard

-> send the vcard file to your nokia

happy hunting

edit: typo

Edited by HHL
Thanks for the info! Are all caches & descriptions then put in one big vcard file, or are they separate files?

I really need one big searchable file. Now, eBook Reader has a convenient search function...

it’s one file. searching is restricted by nokia’s addressbook search, which means: names only.

happy hunting from hamburg.