Dr Version 1.00 & Explorist 600

Ok, I finnaly got around to ordering an E600. I was looking on Magellans site last night and noticed that Direct Route Version 2.00 was listed as being compatible with the Explorists. But nothing for version 1.00. So I called Magellan today and asked if my copy of DR version 1.00 would work with the E600 that I have on order. I was told no way. I could send in my copy for an ugrade though for the price of a hundred bucks. I'm not happy with that answer.

So I am asking all of you that have real world experience with this. Will DR version 1.00 work? I hope so. It was bad enough that I have to buy the Topo 3D because my old topo won't work.

Thanks all.

I don't know if they have a new wave of people that have never used their products or what...We seem to be hearing a lot of really bad advice right from that horse's mouth lately.

DR1 works with Explorist 600. I personally use that very combination. Yeah, the integration is terrible and you have to use the awful "conversion manager" that came with your 600 to slurp in the maps, but it does work.