Etrex Legend Question

robtnort

In the 60C (and similar units) you can set the zoom level at which the waypoints appear. Included in those settings are AUTO and OFF. The procedure is described in this post.

I'm not sure if the Legend has the same option.

From the FAQ in my sig line:

From the Map page, press MENU » 'Setup Map' » ENTR » 'Map Setup-Points tab (the third tab, with a flag) » 'User Waypoints' » ENTR. Then select the zoom level at which you want waypoints to show up. This thread talks more about it. If desired, it can be set to AUTO or OFF as well.
Edited by Sputnik 57

On the Legend, you can turn off the text for waypoints, poi's and street labels. On the map setup page, you can change the text settings to small, med,large or none. Default setting is med.

However, the waypoint icons will still show on the map.

Edited by whitecrow
In the 60C (and similar units) you can set the zoom level at which the waypoints appear.  Included in those settings are AUTO and OFF.  The procedure is described in this post.

I'm not sure if the Legend has the same option.

From the FAQ in my sig line:

From the Map page, press MENU » 'Setup Map' » ENTR » 'Map Setup-Points tab (the third tab, with a flag) » 'User Waypoints' » ENTR. Then select the zoom level at which you want waypoints to show up. This thread talks more about it. If desired, it can be set to AUTO or OFF as well.

I just checked it on my Legend and it works the same way as the 60. Thanks!