60cs Interface Problem

;) I have owned my 60CS for several months and have consistently utilized the USB port to interface the GPS to my computer to download waypoints. In fact, I downloaded several only yesterday. Problem, this a.m. I proceeded to do the same but when I connected the GPS I received a message indicating that the computer was not recognizing hardware. I restarted the computer, checked the USB functionality by downloading a few pictures from flashcard, checked the system interface on the GPS to verify that the Serial Data Line still indicated Garmin and downloaded new drivers. I then restarted computer, plug in the GPS to cable and thee computer is still not recognizing the GPS. I cannot imagine why this would just happen as this has never been a problem. I reviewed the C drive and all my Garmin files are there! Does anyone out there have any ideas? I haven't changed anything on my computer and I am at a complete loss as to what might be going on! Thanks in advance for anything that might lend some sense to this issue.

Apostle Island :P

;) Idaho, thanks for your reply! I too realized that the PC cord must be the culprit. I checked the status of the connector into the GPS and it still looked sound. I blew air to clean all connections and pushed the cord snugly into both computer and GPS. Joyfully I heard the little sound from the computer indicating a connection. I then successfully downloaded a new cache! From reading the forums, I believe the connector into the GPS could be a source for a problem. Thanks for your thoughtful assistance!

Apostle Island