Partner To Log Gc4226 Sisters In Kenner, La

Galaad

Did you notice that they are/were located between Lake Ponchartrain and the MS river right along with New Orleans? Chances are that caching is going to be far from most of those folks mind for a long time to come. Good luck though.

http://www.kenner.la.us/imagemap.html

Actually, there are a several cachers down there who are even placing new caches out. I sent a private message thru our LA geocaching organizations website to a geocacher in Kenner, LA for you. This cacher is still active and placing new caches as we speak. Maybe ya will be able to log this cache together.

LSUFan,

You are confirming what my Pocket Query of the area was telling me: caches are getting logged.

Rick618,

A citizens' group in Lasalle is active to send out necessities to the people of Kenner. I can read regularly on the topic in my local newspaper. I feel deeply for the grief the residents of Louisiana at loosing everything. I hardly can imagine the whole island of Montréal being flooded... It is partly the reason why I engaged my search. Thank you and I wish you well.

Hello from a Kenner, Louisiana resident and active geocacher. While area damage has diminished our play substantially, I will not be denied any opportunity to continue enjoying geocaching. Even when I fled this area with my family, I still managed to log a few caches during my brief exile. It shouldn't be surprising; there wasn't much else to do. And besides, there is nothing like a good search to take your mind off of things.

I'm still not sure what constitutes a Sister City, even after reading the international site, but I have a digital camera and am sure I can find a Kenner sign still up. If you want to proceed, shoot me an email.