Obtaining Permission At Pa State Parks

AndyShissler

You can find the form necessary at this url: http://tinyurl.com/dx7tl This is the DCNR website.

I also would suggest that you contact the person at the state park or state forest who is responsible for making the decisions about a cache placement and talk to him/her about your cache. You should seek his/her advice about the impact that your cache will have on the environment around your cache. It's kind like making "brownie points" with a teacher you need a favor from.

Hope all goes well in placing your cache.

For a PA state park the process is decentralized to the park manager level. Note, however, that some smaller parks are administered by the staff of a nearby larger park. Research the DCNR website before heading out.

I found that nothing beats the formula of calling up, finding the right person, making an appointment and then visiting in person. The ranger I worked with gave me tips on the nicest spots in the park, an underutilized trail that he wanted to feature, and an area to steer clear of because there are rare plants there. My caches were way better due to my work with the park staff.