Memory Card For I-finder Hunt

I bought a Kingston brand card and it wouldn't work in my H20. A lady at Lowrance support recommended using ScanDisk cards but I'm sure other name brands will work as well. Personally, I'm sticking with ScanDisk. As far as I know a gig card should work and if I am mistaken I'm sure someone will correct me! :D

Not knowing anything about these, I have to ask...why wouldn't just any brand work?

I didn't believe there was any difference in SD cards either until I got my H20 and MapCreate software. The Kingston card was purchased specifically for the unit and seemed to register with the MapCreate software Ok. It accepted a map and would even let me transfer waypoints to the GPS but for some reason the H20 would not recognize the Kingston as a registered map card. The Lowrance support folk didn't give me an explanation. They just suggested I try another card. I bought a 256MG ScanDisk card and it works fine.

Go figure... :D